Skip to main content

snip snip

Pervasive
uncouth
unsanctioned

**

There's a building down the lane,
its windows blackened by
years of abandonment and dust.
They all drive past without so much as a glance
but inside is a nothingness so complete
inside is where i want to be
send me to oblivion
oblivion with you.

**

Standing on the fault line,
watching the space between my feet grow.
If I keep treading two paths
I'll be torn apart and tread no more.
I can't cling to this branch
and covet the ones above
but abandoning the girl I was
to pursue the me at the top of the mountain
makes me free in place,
terrified (of the potential).
maybe i should welcome the fall,
give in the tempting oblivion of the abyss...

**

Your mine / you're mine

**

Scum on the surface
cloudy but acceptable beneath.
nothing's pristine --
no, not anything worth substantial (having/being/wanting).

**

Beneath the line
lies a sine wave that isn't regular
but one that peaks and falls at random.

**

electricity is made between the hairs of your arm and my fingertips

**

The world outside
doesn't understand the microcosm inside me
but i don't either
so it remains uncharted.
to explain my actions or my words
would stump the best translator,
would trouble the wisest philosopher.
as i'm neither, i know even less.

**

ignite the engine and shift into gear
start the ignition
and shift it into gear.
we're racing away
because we just can't stay here.
running so fast in these circles as we do
i'm dizzy and lost in the tiny space i occupy.

**

tap your feet!
clap your hands!
celebrate the shards within yourself
that you haphazardly glued back together.
they won't stay intact forever or more.
nay, they'll likely be shattered again
but celebrate still,
since the patchwork that's your heart
was won by struggle and loss and great pain
and forged by love and hope and resilience.

**

why apologize for who you are?
your weaknesses soften your pride,
your shortcomings give you trajectory/perspective/the drive to ascend.

lost in the minutiae,
lost in the star dust.
will anyone find me outside the safety of my own shell?

**

My mind is racing,
feet are pacing,
and I'm bracing
myself for a storm


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ostrich

Too afraid to stand and fight; Too much pride to fly away. Cowardice: immobilize Egos lacking skill to play! Games of conflict can’t be played By those afraid to deal a hand. Flightless birds avoid their call Ostriching heads in the sand.  Thanks, Trifecta for the prompt, which requested an animal name be used as a verb. I figured I might as well ignore the dictionary and make my own...flightless birds have always intrigued me, anyhow.

Masquerade

I suppose I should feel fortunate. I've been with the same man for six years, I've worked for the same company for nine years, I've lived in the same state for ten years. But my college diploma says "English" and my job screams "Business" and I fear that this life I’ve built is Stagnation masquerading as Stability. I’m not planning on doing something drastic like running off to join the circus or the Scientologists or anything, but maybe I should just stop planning for a change. Stop standing still. Do something spontaneous. I am too young to feel this old. --- Thanks for the 100 Word Song prompt, Lance (of My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog ). This brief introspection was inspired by Elvis Costello's "Brilliant Mistake".

Hunger strikes

I'm feeling creative but needing direction. Haiku Heights prompts writers to ponder LUNCH (a topic that is never far from my mind). i. hunger's open mouth devours all self control; succumb to more cake. ii. enhance your days with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, sage. settle not for bland. iii. closed eyes, open mouth there is joy in the unseen. tastebuds, awaken!