Skip to main content

purge

hello, animals.
i am female and fertile.
life is at a high
and happiness is too.

buttons pressed
just hard enough
sometimes jam.

alphabetize your desires
and they will be attended to.
patience, dear one.
give it time.
and when it's time
it will come.
do you feel the moonlight?
can you hear the echo
of a day gone by?
heed it not; accept today.

your magical verisimilitude
convinced me that you were real.
but i hadn't yet learned
to recognize a reproduction.


the flesh is weak
when prodded by the id.

i don't want to be your Aphrodite --
i'm so much more than a pretty doll on a shelf.
don't launch a hundred ships,
for Helen doesn't share my shoes.
today i'll prove i'm your Artemis,
fighting for you,
setting my aim on your frame.

sometimes it takes a little groping
to find your footing
when you're climbing a cliff.

did you take advantage
or did i give you the advantage?

lacquer on another coat of paint,
rearrange the chairs.
transform the externalities all you like
but know you cannot feng shui yourself
out of today.

tomorrow's waiting behind yonder door
and you're going over its threshold anyway.
why not set the terms yourself
and open the door with your own hand?

when did my eyes open the door
that you strolled through?

a couple inches closer and we
could have had something there.
i don't know how much longer
we can subsist on innuendo and suggestion --
i am propositioning you and
if you ever realize how wide open i am
you'll invade me.

something terrible lies
just beyond the bend in the road.
whose terrible awaits us ahead?

i've done some bad things
and considered so much worse.
who drew this blurry line
between faithful and faithless
and when did i decide to tread that path?
right or wrong, i'm here today.

whose terrible terrible terror awakens today?

your covetous eyes have landed on another's shore.
eyes and hands are different species,
and only one can tunnel deep inside.

whose terrible shall i stroke today? (ummm...)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ostrich

Too afraid to stand and fight; Too much pride to fly away. Cowardice: immobilize Egos lacking skill to play! Games of conflict can’t be played By those afraid to deal a hand. Flightless birds avoid their call Ostriching heads in the sand.  Thanks, Trifecta for the prompt, which requested an animal name be used as a verb. I figured I might as well ignore the dictionary and make my own...flightless birds have always intrigued me, anyhow.

Masquerade

I suppose I should feel fortunate. I've been with the same man for six years, I've worked for the same company for nine years, I've lived in the same state for ten years. But my college diploma says "English" and my job screams "Business" and I fear that this life I’ve built is Stagnation masquerading as Stability. I’m not planning on doing something drastic like running off to join the circus or the Scientologists or anything, but maybe I should just stop planning for a change. Stop standing still. Do something spontaneous. I am too young to feel this old. --- Thanks for the 100 Word Song prompt, Lance (of My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog ). This brief introspection was inspired by Elvis Costello's "Brilliant Mistake".

Hunger strikes

I'm feeling creative but needing direction. Haiku Heights prompts writers to ponder LUNCH (a topic that is never far from my mind). i. hunger's open mouth devours all self control; succumb to more cake. ii. enhance your days with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, sage. settle not for bland. iii. closed eyes, open mouth there is joy in the unseen. tastebuds, awaken!