Skip to main content

Deucedly

I.
sometimes sin comes wrapped in plastic --
devil's food cake?
under other circumstances,
alluding to satan would provoke controversy
but we just open our mouths and consume happily.
though dieters might find the treat more a trick,
providing a persistent flow of calories
ticking up with the speed of a timebomb
until -- strange reversal -- the number displayed
exceeds a preset number that ms. craig established.
what fun is watching weight
when you can just watch and wait
and smile as you dig your own grave?
one bite equates to one small trowel of dirt on your coffin
but we're all headed that way anyway
so why not just enjoy the ride, however truncated.
obesity turns life's roller coaster into the vortex
or another ride at six flags that closes whenever it rains
or whenever the wind breathes in a westerly direction
or whenever i have been standing in line long enough
that i start to plan my next destination
which is probably the funnel cake stand
because while sins are often clothed in plastic,
some of them are too important to wait for a wrapper
and are just eaten from a plate

II.
sometimes sin comes wrapped in plastic,
screaming to be released
and impossible to tear free when the mood hits
and his dick's hard.
and when the door is finally opened
and the sin aches to be enveloped
in a warmer, wetter package
the sin is that the latex ruined everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ostrich

Too afraid to stand and fight; Too much pride to fly away. Cowardice: immobilize Egos lacking skill to play! Games of conflict can’t be played By those afraid to deal a hand. Flightless birds avoid their call Ostriching heads in the sand.  Thanks, Trifecta for the prompt, which requested an animal name be used as a verb. I figured I might as well ignore the dictionary and make my own...flightless birds have always intrigued me, anyhow.

Masquerade

I suppose I should feel fortunate. I've been with the same man for six years, I've worked for the same company for nine years, I've lived in the same state for ten years. But my college diploma says "English" and my job screams "Business" and I fear that this life I’ve built is Stagnation masquerading as Stability. I’m not planning on doing something drastic like running off to join the circus or the Scientologists or anything, but maybe I should just stop planning for a change. Stop standing still. Do something spontaneous. I am too young to feel this old. --- Thanks for the 100 Word Song prompt, Lance (of My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog ). This brief introspection was inspired by Elvis Costello's "Brilliant Mistake".

Hunger strikes

I'm feeling creative but needing direction. Haiku Heights prompts writers to ponder LUNCH (a topic that is never far from my mind). i. hunger's open mouth devours all self control; succumb to more cake. ii. enhance your days with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, sage. settle not for bland. iii. closed eyes, open mouth there is joy in the unseen. tastebuds, awaken!