Skip to main content

Ridiculous Ideas for Christmas Cards (not recommended)

Yeah, so I used to go to all the trouble of MAKING handmade cards for all of my friends and family around the holidays and birthdays.  It gave me a chance to exercise my crafty, artsy side ... and express crazy ideas that were building up in my head. 
God knows high school - 3/4's at least - were full of great memories ... so I choose to reminisce.  Join me if you so choose.  Just step inside my tent (it's very roomy) ...
********************************************************
FRONT) Have you ever stopped to realize the irony of a washing machine?  You put clothes in it and they come out clean.  Yet, if you were to scribble all over the washing machine with a red crayon, it couldnt couldnt wash itself.
INSIDE) Think about that when the boredom of Christmas break sets in.

********************************************************
FRONT) Im not going to use this Christmas card as an opportunity to brag about how much smarter than you I amor how much more interesting I amor how much more sophisticated I am
INSIDE) Im just going to use this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas!

************** I do believe this was for Jennifer D. ***************
**************    (I'll show YOU, stinky coconut!)     ***************

FRONT) A LITTLE STORY TO BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY (AND HOLIDAY):            Once upon a time, there was a little boy named Tony.  Tony sucked.  End of story.
INSIDE) Merry Christmas!

***************   Ah...so we meet again, Lil' Asian.  **************
*************** My arch-nemesis (okay, maybe just **************
***************     my competition) in high school.    **************
***************          Luv ya, Tony - I promise!       **************

FRONT) A single building block is rather useless.  However, a whole stack of building blocks combines to form a tower.  A single purple towel simply smells.  However, a whole stack of purple towels has the added benefit of making an obscure essay idea that will perplex people for eternity.
INSIDE) Oh well.  Nice try anyway.

***************   Mocking Chris #2's first attempt at   **************
*************** his NYU (?) entrance essay, I believe. **************

FRONT) A CHRISTMAS STORY FOR YOUOnce upon a time, there was a panda named Patches.  Patches had a steady diet of bamboo bamboo for breakfast, bamboo for lunch, bamboo for dinner, bamboo for in-between-breakfast-and-lunch snacks, bamboo forwell, you get the idea.  He ate a lot of bamboo.  One Christmas, Patches grew tired of the bamboo and went out searching for a new kind of food.  After searching for a period of time, Patches came across some Chinese children bouncing a strange, orange, spherical object on a concrete surface.  Patches watched for a bit and was about to walk away when the sphere of orange rolled up to him.  Oblivious to the young childrens cries as he did so, Patches picked up the orange object and proceeded to take a nibble into it.  Tiny nibble turned into medium bite turned into huge chomp, and before he knew it, Patches had devoured the whole orange sphere.  With nothing left to hold his interest, Patches looked to the Chinese children to find them bawling, the tears from their eyes dropping to the concrete.  Patches soon joined in, his tears raining down on the blades of grass that surrounded him.  He couldnt help himself although the orange object had given Patches stomach satisfaction, it had stolen the childrens joy, and, in turn, his own.
INSIDE) MORAL: Always carry an extra basketball.

**************    I have no earthly idea where THIS   **************
************** came from...But Mrs. Karavitis liked it! **************

FRONT) A young sinusoid was eager to get out on his own.  He approached his mother to announce his plans and to slyly ask for a little help on his way.  The sinusoid, however, couldnt bring himself to ask for his mothers help.  His mother, following a maternal instinct, asked her son what he had really come for.  Looking at his shoes, the young sinusoid began expressing his need for his own car.  After a period of time, his mother interrupted him and asked flat out: What do you want from me?  What do you want me to do?  The young sinusoid sheepishly looked up at his mother and answered
INSIDE) "Cosin."

************** Junior YR. Calculus with Spitler!  Zzzz. **************
FRONT) Fact #1: You have an unusually large family.Fact #2: If an unusually large family decided to form a synchronized swimming team, they would need an unusually large number of goggles.Fact #3: Unless you come across an amazing[ly illogical] deal, an unusually large number of goggles costs more than a single pair.
Fact #4: A true friend is brutally honest.CONCLUSION: An unusually large family like your own would need an unusually large number of goggles to form a synchronized swimming team.  Honestly speaking (brutally, of course), I have not come across any amazing[ly] illogical deals on goggles, so following this unusually strange goal that your unusually large family may decide to pursue at some point in time may require an unusually large amount of money.
INSIDE) SUGGESTION: START SAVING NOW.

************* I should be committed.  But c'mon, who **************
*************     doesn't love a big Mormon family?     **************
*************       (And synchronized swimming.)        **************

FRONT) I hear those sleigh bells, jing-ting-tinglin too
INSIDE) And they're so annoying!

***************    I don't know that this was used.   ***************
FRONT) So Im cheapbrokepoor  But I DID manage to get you this. 
INSIDE) {{dirty sock}} If I find its match next time I look through the dirty clothes, Ill get it to you

************************* Eww. **************************
FRONT) This Christmas, relive the joys of Christmas past.  Wake up at dawn to open presents.  Unwrap all of your presents.  Unwrap all of your presents, searching for a Malibu Barbie  (If you dont get it, pout).  But just this year lets refrain from putting your bows on your head and insisting on your special powers!
INSIDE) Have a great Christmas!

*********************** Well, that's odd. *********************
FRONT) Ashley, for the past fewmonths, years, whateverweve talked about potato this potato that.
INSIDE) Well, POTATO THIS! {{potato chip}}

******************  I blame Mr. Potato Head. *******************

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ostrich

Too afraid to stand and fight; Too much pride to fly away. Cowardice: immobilize Egos lacking skill to play! Games of conflict can’t be played By those afraid to deal a hand. Flightless birds avoid their call Ostriching heads in the sand.  Thanks, Trifecta for the prompt, which requested an animal name be used as a verb. I figured I might as well ignore the dictionary and make my own...flightless birds have always intrigued me, anyhow.

Masquerade

I suppose I should feel fortunate. I've been with the same man for six years, I've worked for the same company for nine years, I've lived in the same state for ten years. But my college diploma says "English" and my job screams "Business" and I fear that this life I’ve built is Stagnation masquerading as Stability. I’m not planning on doing something drastic like running off to join the circus or the Scientologists or anything, but maybe I should just stop planning for a change. Stop standing still. Do something spontaneous. I am too young to feel this old. --- Thanks for the 100 Word Song prompt, Lance (of My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog ). This brief introspection was inspired by Elvis Costello's "Brilliant Mistake".

Hunger strikes

I'm feeling creative but needing direction. Haiku Heights prompts writers to ponder LUNCH (a topic that is never far from my mind). i. hunger's open mouth devours all self control; succumb to more cake. ii. enhance your days with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, sage. settle not for bland. iii. closed eyes, open mouth there is joy in the unseen. tastebuds, awaken!