Skip to main content

Exiled from Pangea

I don't quite feel ready to jump into a writing prompt, so I'm returning to vocabulary-expanding tasks. To challenge myself today, a week of words tossed together.

There was really no reason for the intergalactic dust-bunnies to coalesce. But there was someone shuffling his feet through carpeted corridors somewhere, an aumildar whose static energy convinced them to join forces and birl around one particular star. In the exordium, aggregate particles were content to reside in a heterogeneous world. But the couthie conditions did not last; Sea soon sought to differentiate itself from Land, eroding those who would not acquiesce to the distinction. Land struggled to retain its oneness, but Sea's intrusion upon the soil of Pangea would prove unsurmountable. Land began to divide itself into pseudonymous segments. Over time, even violescent mountains' majesty was torn from amber waves of grain. Today, division is so ingrained in our minds that we advert on difference, blind to the sameness that inhabits it. We were exiled from Pangea, but is it possible we can regain some of what we lost?
  1. exordium: the beginning of anything.
  2. advert: to remark or comment; refer
  3. violescent: tending to a violet color.
  4. couthie: agreeable; genial; kindly.
  5. aumildar: a manager or agent.
  6. birl: to spin or cause to rotate.
  7. pseudonymous: bearing a false or fictitious name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ostrich

Too afraid to stand and fight; Too much pride to fly away. Cowardice: immobilize Egos lacking skill to play! Games of conflict can’t be played By those afraid to deal a hand. Flightless birds avoid their call Ostriching heads in the sand.  Thanks, Trifecta for the prompt, which requested an animal name be used as a verb. I figured I might as well ignore the dictionary and make my own...flightless birds have always intrigued me, anyhow.

Masquerade

I suppose I should feel fortunate. I've been with the same man for six years, I've worked for the same company for nine years, I've lived in the same state for ten years. But my college diploma says "English" and my job screams "Business" and I fear that this life I’ve built is Stagnation masquerading as Stability. I’m not planning on doing something drastic like running off to join the circus or the Scientologists or anything, but maybe I should just stop planning for a change. Stop standing still. Do something spontaneous. I am too young to feel this old. --- Thanks for the 100 Word Song prompt, Lance (of My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog ). This brief introspection was inspired by Elvis Costello's "Brilliant Mistake".

Hunger strikes

I'm feeling creative but needing direction. Haiku Heights prompts writers to ponder LUNCH (a topic that is never far from my mind). i. hunger's open mouth devours all self control; succumb to more cake. ii. enhance your days with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, sage. settle not for bland. iii. closed eyes, open mouth there is joy in the unseen. tastebuds, awaken!