Skip to main content

no foresight, only digging

where there is substance
without import
i am there.

i feel useful
but utility next to artistry cannot compare.
i have so much inside
but have shifted my focus to my output
instead of what i am.

can i become what i hold
can i ever grasp my potential
will i ever try?

if i died in five minutes
how useless would my end become?
i sit here, fingers afire
but mind only just beginning to awaken again.
where did i go?

i used to think my individualism was a strength
i sometimes feel my cooperation is strength
what is stronger: the chain or my link?
i cannot focus on one without  weakening the other.

who are you, girl?
why should we waste a breath on you?
show us your brilliance
or we will always turn away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ostrich

Too afraid to stand and fight; Too much pride to fly away. Cowardice: immobilize Egos lacking skill to play! Games of conflict can’t be played By those afraid to deal a hand. Flightless birds avoid their call Ostriching heads in the sand.  Thanks, Trifecta for the prompt, which requested an animal name be used as a verb. I figured I might as well ignore the dictionary and make my own...flightless birds have always intrigued me, anyhow.

Masquerade

I suppose I should feel fortunate. I've been with the same man for six years, I've worked for the same company for nine years, I've lived in the same state for ten years. But my college diploma says "English" and my job screams "Business" and I fear that this life I’ve built is Stagnation masquerading as Stability. I’m not planning on doing something drastic like running off to join the circus or the Scientologists or anything, but maybe I should just stop planning for a change. Stop standing still. Do something spontaneous. I am too young to feel this old. --- Thanks for the 100 Word Song prompt, Lance (of My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog ). This brief introspection was inspired by Elvis Costello's "Brilliant Mistake".

Hunger strikes

I'm feeling creative but needing direction. Haiku Heights prompts writers to ponder LUNCH (a topic that is never far from my mind). i. hunger's open mouth devours all self control; succumb to more cake. ii. enhance your days with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, sage. settle not for bland. iii. closed eyes, open mouth there is joy in the unseen. tastebuds, awaken!