Skip to main content

free (but you'll still want a refund)

Listening to some pretty bomb tracks by Daniel Merriweather, who really never got any time on the radio except for his cover of "Stop Me" produced by Mark Ronson (who also produced another dope track by Lily Allen).

That's the answer to your unasked question of "What are you up to tonight, Emily?"

*

I am unclear on the specific parameters of this exercise. Please input additional instruction here:

*

In fact, I am purging all the bullshit nothingness that is at the surface of my mind so that we can get to something halfway decent or worthwhile. What will I discover when the hard candy shell is broken to reveal the caramely center?

And yet --

I would so like to watch a moving picture instead of forcing myself to have something to say.

*

Tomorrow, I will awaken around 9:17. Jason and I will go to Café 33 for breakfast, where I plan to have a caramel toffee iced coffee, a delicious omelette full of delicious vegetables, and cheddar stone ground grits. (In case you're wondering, this meal sounds amazing because it is.) I will take Jason to work, go to my eye doctor appointment, visit Charming Charlie's, hang with Kara for a bit, make lunch, watch more Parks & Rec, and forget that there are only 24 hours in one day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ostrich

Too afraid to stand and fight; Too much pride to fly away. Cowardice: immobilize Egos lacking skill to play! Games of conflict can’t be played By those afraid to deal a hand. Flightless birds avoid their call Ostriching heads in the sand.  Thanks, Trifecta for the prompt, which requested an animal name be used as a verb. I figured I might as well ignore the dictionary and make my own...flightless birds have always intrigued me, anyhow.

Hunger strikes

I'm feeling creative but needing direction. Haiku Heights prompts writers to ponder LUNCH (a topic that is never far from my mind). i. hunger's open mouth devours all self control; succumb to more cake. ii. enhance your days with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, sage. settle not for bland. iii. closed eyes, open mouth there is joy in the unseen. tastebuds, awaken!

Masquerade

I suppose I should feel fortunate. I've been with the same man for six years, I've worked for the same company for nine years, I've lived in the same state for ten years. But my college diploma says "English" and my job screams "Business" and I fear that this life I’ve built is Stagnation masquerading as Stability. I’m not planning on doing something drastic like running off to join the circus or the Scientologists or anything, but maybe I should just stop planning for a change. Stop standing still. Do something spontaneous. I am too young to feel this old. --- Thanks for the 100 Word Song prompt, Lance (of My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog ). This brief introspection was inspired by Elvis Costello's "Brilliant Mistake".